Monday 26 February 2018

Tilda Lemon Tree Blog Hop & The New 'Take it All Tote' Bag Class

I have been sitting on my hands waiting to share the gorgeous new Tilda range, Lemon Tree, with you all. Originally scheduled to come out early this year the release date was delayed until last week. It has certainly been worth the wait.


The lovely folks at Sew and So sent me a few prints from the new range to play with. There is a wonderful palette of fresh vibrant colours that really have me excited. I love that these play well with designs from Tilda's previous ranges but have such a fresh bright look.

I knew that I wanted to use the small scale prints to create some patchwork and the larger feature print with some quilting to really show off the design. I created my new Take it All Tote.

IMG_4001

A capacious and sturdy tote that uses the excellent Vlieseline Stylevil to create a self supporting Tote bag that can easily be loaded with whatever you need, whether it be supplies for a craft class or a picnic or towels and snacks for a day out at the beach.

IMG_3995

I had great fun piecing the patchwork panel for the front of the bag, the ditsy print I used for the binding is my favourite and the simple natural linen from Stoff really sets of the bright colours of the Lemon Tree. 

IMG_3992

I used a simple striped cotton lining and thick padded handles for comfort during use.

IMG_4006

The back of the bag shows of the wonderful print Lemon Tree in Plum, quilted simply with a flower motif to let the fabric do all the talking. There are so many wonderful details to pick out in this fabric,  camels, elephants, ballerinas and penny farthings, it is so fun!

IMG_4004

I will be teaching the Take it All Tote at Serendipity Patchwork and Quilting in Bovey Tracey over two mornings on March 8th & April 26th and the cost is just £35 for the two sessions. You can contact them to book a space through the website. It promises to be a great class with instruction on how to piece the patchwork, how to work with innovative stabilisers for great finished results and of course the chance to sew with beautiful fabric!

You can find the full range of the new Tilda Lemon Tree at Sew and So and for Vlieseline Stylevil Stabiliser please visit Lady Sew and Sew or Six Penny Memories

7 comments:

Kay said...

This is a great tote, I love lots of pockets. x

Unknown said...

This is first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matter in this particular blog, One thing I would like to request you that pls keep posting such type of informatics blog. Embroidery patches

Piotr LA said...

I hope you continue to have such quality articles to share with everyone! What a great idea. I really like your blog post
Regards, ctnbee

Jack said...

Very well expressed. Keep the good work going.

Anonymous said...

Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

OGEN Infosystem (P) Limited said...

OGEN Infosystem is one of the best website designing company in delhi. Visit our website for more information about website designing, and SEO Services in Delhi.
Website Designing Company in Delhi

VISIT US said...

"Hello, I am one of the most impressed people in your article. I’m very curious about how you write such a good article. Are you an expert on this subject? I think so. Thank you again for allowing me to read these posts, and have a nice day today. Thank you."

야설
립카페
스포츠마사지
출장마사지
바카라사이트