Thursday 14 February 2013

My Handmade Wardrobe

I have always loved to make clothes but recently I seem to have become a little obsessed, I have almost doubled the handmade section of my wardrobe and my little girls since Christmas!

I blame Rae and her tempting Patterns!

hanmade wardrobe

I've rounded up as many as I can think of (yes embarrassingly there are more!) to show you, hopefully you are interested!!

Starting with Mini Me's new wardrobe, here is the boxing day Geranium Dress

geranium umberallas

I made this with a beautiful soft cotton that I got from Kerry last summer in her destash, I've been waiting for the right project and just love love love it, I don't want her to outgrow it!

I fully lined this dress and it didn't make the project much longer to complete, I managed to eek the fabric out despite having much less than the recommended yardage.

I was so delighted with this lovely dress that I decided to make her a tunic top using the Geranium pattern.

I ordered some precious Nani Iro from Miss Matatabi on Etsy, bit of a story behind that with a nasty customs charge but I managed to make myself a top from it too, so yay for fabric economy!

I had to compromise a little with the fabric placement on the back bodice pieces because I didn't have much left to play with, but I still love this cute little top with its quirky turquoise buttons from my Nannies button tin.

nani iro geranium top
nani iro geranium top 1


I had so little fabric left that I ended up using my selvedge as the hem! And here is my little top too!

self drafted nani iro top

 I'll be back tomorrow with my new dresses!


7 comments:

Gertie Pye said...

Oh these are so lovely! I have been meaning to buy some of the Nani Iro as I made my 6 year old a dress out of the Nani Iro Little Letter fabric and loved the drape of it. I am going to look up those patterns, they are very lovely. Gorgeous! x

Sadie said...

Love you clothes! Always wanted to give dressmaking a proper go (messed about a bit in my early 20's, but didn't really have a clue what I was doing!). Especially LOVE the boxing day geranium dress, it's beautiful! I can see why you don't want her to outgrow it - to make it last longer it would be really cute with some denim shorts in the summer :-)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Wonderful, and I spy a beautiful Cloud9 dress - how extravagant are you!!!!?

Di said...

Clever lady. That is something I would like to try my hand at. Di x

Kelly said...

They are gorgeous! I really want to learn dress making this year. X

Katy Cameron said...

Happy new wardrobe! Love that Nano Iro, I was drooling over some of that print the other day...

Nicky said...

Adore your Nano Iro top! The others are great too.