Friday, 28 September 2012

Finishing in style

The end of the third quarter is upon us and that means confirming what I have achieved. I know without checking the only things left on my list are the few Zakka projects that I missed and my mums birthday present.

The present was made a few weeks ago, just not blogged.


Mum had asked for some Cath Kidston cushions to brighten up her sofa, I used a pack of 4 cotton napkins that cost £15 from the CK shop and simply added some white cotton backing at £2 a meter, not bad for 4 cushions :-)

Mum was very pleased with them, yay!

Now about the Zakka projects, I had thought it would be very cool to make every single one of the projects in the book, but I ended up missing a few as I couldn't sew along each week. Of course I made more of an effort on the week's where the projects excited me, looking back though there are some that I missed that I am not sure I will ever make, sorry patchwork ribbon!

I also missed the pot-holder and tote bag, I expect these will get made at some point when I need a gift although it may be a while for the tote, what with the Mouthy Stitches swap going on and my current collection I am having my fair share of bags for now!

Today though I needed a little gift and thought I'd use the house pouch project


Of course I had to make one for myself too!

So that's me dusting my hands of this quarter, for the first time I wont have done everything on my list, but I don't care.....I have so much to look forward to in the final quarter!


11 comments:

Nicky said...

For the first time I haven't done anything on my list! Eek!

You have done well!

Susan Standen said...

God, I haven't even looked at my list. I shudder to think!!

Sarah said...

Oh heckers is it that time already? Oh dear.... lol Lovely cushions :-)

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Woo hoo Emily! Gorgeous cushions and the houses are super cute :) x

Katy Cameron said...

Well done, and hey, I think this might be the first time I've actually managed my list lol

Annabella said...

The cushions are beautiful - well done for doing almost all the Zakka projects!

Flying Blind... said...

Oh bravo!!!

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

Love your Zakka House pouch - it was one of my favourites to make. Yours have turned out so cute!!

Also, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for my Pay it Forward - it arrived today and it was a surprise and wow I love it!! I will be doing a blog post about it in the next few days. Thank you Emily - it is so 'me' especially with those buttons on it!!

Kelly said...

Those zakka pouches are so cute! Great cushions too.

Fiona @findingfifth said...

You've been so productive and matching pouches is sweet.

Fiona @findingfifth said...

You've been so productive and matching pouches is sweet.