Wednesday 30 January 2013

Big pouch, Little pouch, Cardboard box

Ok so I lied about the cardboard box, but does anyone remember those dance moves?!

I have a gazillion things I should be doing, we all know how it goes though. The slightest temptation is enough to draw me away from things that need doing to things that shouldn't really be done.

I spied Katy's gorgeous little 9 patch pouch over on the Sizzix blog on Monday, the rest is obvious....

pouches

A big pouch for the man's birthday next week, using up an orphan block made from every last teeny tiny scrap of Oakshott Lipari that the lovely Karen sent me in my secret santa. Its a biggun at about 13" for y'know, man stuff!

big pouch


I also had to make up a little cutesy 9 patch for me, just because I deserve it so much ;-) I used some of my precious scraps, some silver ricrac and the very last of my yellow Annie's Seed Catalogue print for the tabs.

little pouch


And the pretty pouches just keep coming, I won this lovely from Sarah at Silly Banana Sewing

winnings!


The pouch is beautifully made, the zip ends are so neat as well as the piecing and it is lovely and solid. I'm going to be using to take my epp out and about everywhere with me in the hopes I will finally get the rose star quilt top pieced! And the Summersville was a lovely bonus as I have neither of these prints in my stash, thank you so much Sarah! (And i hope the sickness leaves your house soon! x)




6 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Fun bags!

Annabella said...

Man bags...13"? What does your man keep in his bag I'm left wondering? ;-) The bags are gorgeous and I especially love the man bag which I would happily wear!

memmens said...

No way I can't believe you made it into a bag, he would have so loved a mini quilt!! Great job lady.

Di said...

Bags galore! They are lovely. Di x

Cindy said...

You make me smile. Man stuff :)

Katy Cameron said...

Loving all the pouches, especialyl the man stuff one