Friday 8 June 2012

This post is NOT about the FQ Retreat!

OK, I lied!

My head is still in the clouds, I can't believe how wonderful the weekend was, how lovely and kind all the people I met were and how much fun I had!

I know you all already know about the retreat, you were either there or you have read about it a gazillion times now! So because I cannot find any words to describe it any better than anyone before me (because my brain is fried and I would rather be playing with my little girls who I missed SO much) I will let the photos do it for me.

I took no photos whilst there, I was TOO busy having a great time!

Um, this is the mess I made when I dumped out the contents of my Suitcase!

My wonderful Sample Swap goodies, thank you SO much ladies, I think I may lose some of these to my beady eyed girls who are trying to nab them!

Fantastic goodie bag loot, huge thanks to the sponsors!

My fantastic SMS prize from the lovely Kelly, awesome!

More looty booty!

The sum total of my weekends work!

Um, yes that is Aneela Hoey's autograph on fabric and yes I may well have embroidered it already....and no  I am not weird in a stalker like way....you're just jealous you didn't think of it! Watch this space for a Homage to Mrs Hoey quilt!!!

Lovely shopping hand delivered by Cindy of Fluffy Sheep Quilting

Ahem, more shopping from Lu!

Finally a little more shopping - Liberty Necklace from Diane and Lizze and a bag of selvedges from Cindy for THAT dress.



Apologies for the lack of links, I seriously heart you all but my head is still in the clouds and this is as much as I can manage. My week has been full of swimming, train ride, museums, aquariums and the like whilst my guilty conscience tries to make up for 4 days away from the girls.  
I cannot wait for next year though, I may just have calmed down by then! That is until I see my new BFF, Lucy, I am so glad I met you, you made my weekend sweet and it was awesome, fact!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. I still want to live in the bubble of last weekend. So great to have met you btw!

Canadian Abroad said...

Great post because you expressed yourself so well despite the fried brain!

Isisjem said...

Well done for scoring such loot and sharing it all with us. Even if your brain would rather you hadn't at the moment :-)

Sarah said...

Glad you had a great time :-) Really disappointed I never managed to catch up with you and Lucy tho, you were always 2 minutes ahead of me!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I know the feeling, and I have thoroughly neglected the kids this week in my post-Retreat/melted arm gloom. It was such a lovely weekend x

Katy Cameron said...

I wish I'd had more time to chat with everyone, so many people, so little time, I think my brain jammed on Wednesday morning, so probably a good thing work is over for the week now and I can try and decompress over the weekend!

Cherie said...

Love the suitcase return pictures! They look like some amazing goodies to come away with. =D

I'm having a giveaway on my blog. There is one extra day to enter =D
http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Love love love it all!! Mostly love you :)