Wednesday 6 July 2011

Busy Busy Bee!

Woweee, what a busy week! Firstly we are still getting used to Charlie Puppy settling in at home, so sewing is taking a bit of a back seat.

I did however have a very busy week getting ready for the Ruby Slippers Retro Romp on Saturday in Exeter and what a day it was! A beautiful sunny day, perfectly filled with retro sellers galore, gorgeous frocks and vintage wares, yummy cakes and treats, super music, retro makeover and photo booth all topped off with the loveliest people.

I had the wonderful pleasure of being sited next to Finola Warren and her lovely goodies from Betty Machete, colourful and playful retro textiles abound!

I also got to meet the lovely Mary of Handmade by Mary Emmens, I have been following her both on Facebook and with her blog for some time now and find her a great inspiration as a fellow fanatical sewer/crafter and mum of young children. I love her work, always so well made and such cheery colours and designs.

Here is a peek at my stall at the Romp, complete with its new shabby shelving made by myself! My first foray into carpentry, I think I shall stick to sewing from now on however.


The stall went really well, selling out of bunting again, several cushions and a stitched picture and a new tablelamp with an enquiry from a lovely retro shop called Vintage Green in Sidmouth about supplying them too!

After a hot and busy day what better way to cool down than a few days away at the Parents on Exmoor and a lovely dip in the pool at Aunt Lesleys!



So back to the sewing machine to re-stock in time for the Exeter Vintage and Handmade Fair on the 16th July at the Thistle Hotel. Cant wait for this event, vintage and handmade goodies galore with pimms and lindy hop dancers - yes please!

I'll leave you with a peek at my latest work to be put in the Blue Indigo Gallery in Teignmouth


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Your stall is adorable! I'd certianly stop by for a shop :)

memmens said...

Great to meet you too - glad that trade picked up on Saturday!