Tuesday 25 October 2011

My two lots of 15 minutes of fame!

OK so I know that's technically 30 minutes but I'm so excited by the recent happenings that I just have to give them the 'standing on their own two feet' allotment of 15 minutes each!

Firstly today I've been featured over at Pings and Needles for the final installment of the Scrap Bag Challenge! Remember my Tutorial?



It was my entry to the challenge. All winners of stage 1 were sent a scrap bag of Japanese fabric from the Eternal Maker with which to create their entry. I made a laminated lunch bag for my smallest girl who is off to pre-school soon. I wanted her to have something special and mummy-made to take with her that was also sturdy and clean-able!

Well from tomorrow you can vote for your winner (me if you like!) The winner of the challenge will win a membership to the Eternal Makers Scrap Club, how cool is that!

I'll let you know tomorrow when voting opens and give you directions to vote for me get over there :-)

So that's my first 15 minutes, the second fleeting glimpse of fame came last Thursday, I so totally forgot to put this in my mammoth newsathon post on the Friday. I cant think why, it really should have made the headlines!

Anyhooo, on Thursday a local press photographer came over to take pictures of me sewing, in my studio! I know! I'm expecting the local paper to run a small piece on me and the Handmade Christmas Market I have organised in our local town. I'm not sure when it will be but hopefully I'll be able to share it with you soon. Don't worry I wont let it go to my head, of course I will expect you to address me in a formal manner now that I am famous hahar!

So all in all, its been more excitement in the world of Strawberry Patch. Today I managed a little bit of sewing, I whipped up a quick pencil wallet for Eloise to take to a birthday party on Thursday. I didn't want to pay for the pattern (why, when I could buy a present for about the same?) so I made it up as I went along! Very pleased I am too. It turned out rather well (see the fame isn't going to my head at all!) which was such a relief because I didn't have more of the requested fabric to do it again.




Well that's my 30 minutes well and truly used up, good luck to all the other entries in the challenge, their are some amazing makes!

9 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Wow, we can say we knew you when... ;o)

Love that wee pressie :o)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Bring on the paparazzi! xxx

Toni said...

How fun! Congratulations! And the pencil wallet looks fab, too!

Annabella said...

Enjoy the spotlight - you deserve it!

Sheila said...

Well done Emily - and you have reminded me that it was your tute where I saw the laminating "stuff" - off to pin while I remember.

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Your bag is just great! And your pencil wallet is adorable :-)

Judith, Belfast said...

Congrats! Move over Kirsty! Love the cute pressie too! Good luck tomorrow Jxo

Sarah said...

congratulations! (and good luck x)

Canadian Abroad said...

Well done you! Can't wait to hear how the Christmas market goes too. Blog it all, please!