Friday 18 May 2012

Still looking for my pot of gold

I've been busy this week, busy feeling sorry for myself with a heavy cold!

But although I haven't been blogging I have been very busy doing other 'work'. I have been selling off my Strawberry Patch Craft Fair stock and taking orders/commissions all in aid of filling my little penny purse for London in 2 weeks time.

To be honest I am exhausted but it was nice to take an hour out of the drudgery of money making sewing (which I never seem to enjoy!) to play with some more Zakka style, and my little magnets from last week were featured on LR Stitched this week here!



I went with the flock and abandoned the needle turn applique in favour or bondaweb and raw edge applique. My swirly free machine wind is there, I just couldn't get it to show too well on the photo. I was honestly going to try needle turn for the first time, after all this is a small project, but the desire to just get it done overwhelmed. So even though there is no pot of gold at the end of my rainbow, it is now sitting on my bedside table waiting to host tomorrow mornings cup of tea (and hide the cup rings at the same time!). I meanwhile am back to the grindstone to fill up that pocket money purse!


I love this little design, I am thinking of repeating it on a top....although tonight I am learning that embroidering onto jersey is no fun! I hope to overcome the slippery stretchy bad behaviour of jersey and have a new finished top to show you tomorrow...for now here is a sneek peek!






6 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

Hope that purse is full by the time you come to London and the germs have all buggered off too!

Sarah said...

Hope the cold clears up in the next 2 weeks, for goodness sake dont bring it with you ;-)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I hope you are feeling better and love the rainbow x

Cherie said...

Love it! The rainbow is a nice touch! Interesting sneak peak! =D

Amy DeCesare said...

I love your rainbow, too...a brilliant idea. I hope the weekend brings better health.

Katy Cameron said...

Very cute with the rainbow, we're pretty much just seeing the rain right now...