Friday 28 September 2012

Finishing in style

The end of the third quarter is upon us and that means confirming what I have achieved. I know without checking the only things left on my list are the few Zakka projects that I missed and my mums birthday present.

The present was made a few weeks ago, just not blogged.


Mum had asked for some Cath Kidston cushions to brighten up her sofa, I used a pack of 4 cotton napkins that cost £15 from the CK shop and simply added some white cotton backing at £2 a meter, not bad for 4 cushions :-)

Mum was very pleased with them, yay!

Now about the Zakka projects, I had thought it would be very cool to make every single one of the projects in the book, but I ended up missing a few as I couldn't sew along each week. Of course I made more of an effort on the week's where the projects excited me, looking back though there are some that I missed that I am not sure I will ever make, sorry patchwork ribbon!

I also missed the pot-holder and tote bag, I expect these will get made at some point when I need a gift although it may be a while for the tote, what with the Mouthy Stitches swap going on and my current collection I am having my fair share of bags for now!

Today though I needed a little gift and thought I'd use the house pouch project


Of course I had to make one for myself too!

So that's me dusting my hands of this quarter, for the first time I wont have done everything on my list, but I don't care.....I have so much to look forward to in the final quarter!


11 comments:

Nicky said...

For the first time I haven't done anything on my list! Eek!

You have done well!

Canadian Abroad said...

God, I haven't even looked at my list. I shudder to think!!

Sarah said...

Oh heckers is it that time already? Oh dear.... lol Lovely cushions :-)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Woo hoo Emily! Gorgeous cushions and the houses are super cute :) x

Katy Cameron said...

Well done, and hey, I think this might be the first time I've actually managed my list lol

Annabella said...

The cushions are beautiful - well done for doing almost all the Zakka projects!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh bravo!!!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Love your Zakka House pouch - it was one of my favourites to make. Yours have turned out so cute!!

Also, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for my Pay it Forward - it arrived today and it was a surprise and wow I love it!! I will be doing a blog post about it in the next few days. Thank you Emily - it is so 'me' especially with those buttons on it!!

Kelly said...

Those zakka pouches are so cute! Great cushions too.

Finding Fifth said...

You've been so productive and matching pouches is sweet.

Finding Fifth said...

You've been so productive and matching pouches is sweet.