Thursday 15 September 2011

Another Rug!

Oooo I love mug rugs! They are so scrummy, quick and easy and instant gratification for the quilting soul :)

Here is my mug rug for partner 2, I love it so much I may shed a tear or two at the post office next week!


I am head over heals with the kitchen print panel in the middle, I also cant stop stroking its 'puffyness' where I left it unquilted.


I decided a pieced back would be the perfect way to use up the leftovers and also pop in one of my new labels. It comes from Spoonflower where you can have your own custom design printed onto quilting cotton! Its a little hard to see in the picture but it reads 'a,b,c,d,e,f,g this quilt belongs to me' then my business name 'Strawberry Patch' and on the right hand side 'Made by Emily Levey South Devon UK 2011'


I also ran up a couple of fat quarter bags for partner 2's goodie, aren't they cute! I cant decide which to send to her, I know she likes them but she didn't say which was her favourite! I think I'm plumping for the dumpy birds on the left. I'm going to pop in a little felt brooch too as I know she loves them, but I wont show you a picture or it will spoilt the surprise!

Today I have also been working on my Lunch Bag for the Japanese Scrap Challenge. I have pieced the patchwork panels and cut the other pieces for the main body of the bag, now I am just waiting on the iron on vinyl to arrive in the post. I have been taking lots of pictures along the way and hope to share my first tutorial with you soon!

That's all for now, happy sewing! (oh I forgot to mention I started another quilt - a baby Maisie one this time, I just cant help myself, I think I may need professional help soon!!!!)

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I worked on another mugrug this afternoon, they are a bit addictive aren't they? Your latest is so sweet.

Cindy said...

I love the things you make.

I have a little puffy section in one of my mug rugs and I too love it! I keep squishing it every time I walk by :)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Great swapsies, and I can't wait to see the 'competition' entry! xx

Katy Cameron said...

Busy little bee, looking forward to all the things you didn't includ photies of soon ;o)

memmens said...

Wow even though you've been poorly!
Look forward to hearing how you get on with the iron on vinyl...