Thursday 29 September 2011

Christmas Charm Swap Sign-up & Goodie Love




THIS SWAP IS NOW FULL - THANKS FOR STOPPING BY THOUGH!

Have you been thinking you don't have enough cool festive fabric in your stash? Well I have just the solution for you, sign up for the Christmas Charm Swap! A swap for cute Christmas fabric, no twee prints, just nice fresh and modern. The kind we would be proud to use.

We will have 28 participants, each to purchase just one meter of fabric and cut it into 56 charm squares of 5". You post to me, I do some jiggery pokery and send you back 28 different prints with 2 squares of each, magic! Then you can get to work creating a scrummy Christmas runner, perhaps to tie in with the swap over at Susan's blog Canadian Abroad? Or perhaps a cushion or stocking.

If you would like to take part just leave a message below. Please make sure if you are a no-reply blogger you leave your email address in the message so I can contact you. Feel free to grab a button (on the lefthand side of my blog page) and I'll set up a flikr group so that we can post our fabric choices to make sure we have no duplicates, but if we don't get all 28 spaces filled we wont be able to run with it so get outside, shout from the rooftops, blog it and spread it 'Emily is hosting a crimbo swap'!!

MESSAGE FOR REBECCA - Rebecca who commented on the swap post earlier this week, I am having trouble contacting you as you are set to no-reply. Please email me (you can click on my profile picture to do this) to confirm you still want to take part or I may have to fill your space. Thank you :)

In other news, this week has seen the end of the Goodie Swap :( I am very sad its all over, but SOOOO happy with my lot! Let me show you what yumminess I received


Ooo its like a game of pass the parcel!


Look another layer.....


...and another!.... (and tartan ribbon too!)


WOW! I am a lucky girl indeed. Look at all this loveliness! Sent all the way from Sheila in Ayr over at Bluepatch Quilter. For extra goodiness she put in a lovely FQ of sewing material and some Scottish tablet, yum!


The cutest little hexi pin cushion, there are even pockets on the back, the perfect size for my mini scissors.


And the coolest mug rug ever, not only a Union Jack but also a 'Keep Calm' ditty....perfectly me! Thank you so much Shelia :)

Then yesterday ANOTHER parcel arrived, oh I love my postman this week! And this was the best swap ever, Cindy was awesome for giving everyone 2 partners! Once again, beautifully wrapped and such a joy to open, I was so excited! This time from Jules at Daisy Made it.



I actually 'whooped' when I tore the tissue paper of this lovely, I am head over heels with Dresden's at the moment and this is just wonderful!


She also made me a lovely matching basket and notebook, pretty and useful. The little note card she sent me is a liberty print and I know its going straight in a frame and on the sewing room wall to remind me of what a fabby swap this has been. Thanks Jules, all so lovely and I am very lucky :)

Looking forward to the next few swaps to come, Modern Christmas Table Runner, Sewhappygeek Table Runner and the Brit Quilt Pillow Fight!!!


And don't forget, you still have 1 day to enter my giveaway here. Good luck!

8 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

What beautiful goodies, and they all seem co-ordinated. Your partners sussed you out really well. Jxo

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

What gorgeous parcels!!

Canadian Abroad said...

You did well in the swap! Lovely goodies. How's the fabric swap coming along? I so want it to go ahead. I've been browsing Christmas fabric online just waiting to click on buy!

Annabella said...

Would love to have done this but as it`s not international...I hope you get it off the ground!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Wow - well done on the goodies! x

Catherine said...

wow, you have done well in the swap, lucky you. Am waiting very patiently for my parcels!

Katy Cameron said...

Lucky girl! I've also signed up to the Sew Happy Geek Table Runner swap, but I'm holding out on anything else. For now...

Ella said...

lovely swap items!