Wednesday 2 November 2011

Im still here....normal service will be resumed shortly

Well, they say back luck comes in threes. It turns out 'they' are never wrong!

First our fridge freezer decided it had lived a long enough life and gave up last week. Then my SD card snapped in two, not quite as important but still annoying. A picture free blog is rather dull!

Then comes number 3, number 3 is the most feared of all disasters by me, it is horrible and devastating, we have been suddenly forced to leave our lovely home of 6 years. The home where we have raised our girls, taught them to walk and run and play in tress and build dens. Where we have kept chickens and grown vegetables. We have grown attached and called this place home for a long time, now it is not ours. We are distraught and very busy looking for a new home for our family to grow and love in.

Please bear with me if I am quiet for a while. I will post as much as I can and try hard to comment on your blogs but Im sorry if I dont always find the time over the next month or two. Luckily I have all my swap makes done except for one and the parcels for the Modern Christmas Fabric swap went off yesterday. So just one cushion to make and then the machine and studio will get packed up ready.

If you haven't yet there is still time to vote in the Scrap Bag Challenge for your favourite, perhaps it will be me if you are feeling sorry for me after listening to my woes!

You can pop over and vote here, voting is open until midnight Thursday.

10 comments:

pippablue said...

Oh Emily, I am so sorry to hear that! But take it from me, while it is very sad to have to leave a home you love, your children will be fine and adapt. I moved house 20 times by the time I was 18 and lived in 4 different countries and went to about 5 different schools. I think I turneD out fine..lol! Hang in there and everything will work out!!

Canadian Abroad said...

So sorry to hear your news, Emily. We have lived in five houses in ten years. Two we were given notice on by the landlords due to them deciding they wanted to more back in (not because we were bad tenants!) I know the stress of packing up a house. I hope you find another home that you are happy with without to much trouble. The best of luck and if you need to moan or have a vent then please feel free to email me. I am here and ready to listen.

Isisjem said...

Really sorry to hear your news. Must be heartbreaking to be in this position. I hope everything works out for you all and you end up somewhere even better than you imagined you ever could.

Sheila said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing such upheaval - stick together and you'll come throught he other side. Take care.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

This time last year we were buying a different house to the one we bought and moved into in the first week of January - it will all work out, and everyone will be happy and settled in no time; good luck xxx

Catherine said...

Emily, I am so sorry to hear of your news. like Sheila says, stick together as the wonderful family unit that you are, and the good times will be just around the corner

Suffolk Scot said...

Oh Emily, I am so very sorry. How dreadful for you all - I just hope that everything moves along smoothly and you are all happy and settled by Christmas. We'll be rooting for you, and as the others have already said, stick together and you'll be fine.
Love, Amanda

Ann said...

Oh dear Emily - how horrible! But I'm sure you will find somewhere even better. There are so many lovely houses in the UK there is bound to be just the right one for you and your family.

Thanks so much for my charm squares - I'm delighted with the fabrics we have all chosen and don't think there is one I don't like. I hope you haven't moved yet as there is a little thankyou in the post!

Nicky said...

My heart goes out to you Emily! I hope you find that home you are looking for soon! It is hard to move when you have so many memories tied to a place but you can make new memories and happy ones!

God bless you all!

Julzie said...

Emily so sorry to hear this and while I think I would be feeling the same as you, please try to remember its you and the people in your family that makes a house a home, so wherever you go, you will make that place just a loving home as the last one....and I'm a firm believer in one door closing so a better one can open, even if you can't see the door just now, I'm sure it's there, lots of love xx