Friday 27 July 2012

Quick Fixes

Whoa, Mr Sunshine, long time no see!

Just like everyone else I guess we have been soaking up the rare rays, froliking in a last minute-brought paddling pool and generally enjoying being outside from breakfast to bedtime. The kids are warm, worn out and happy. What a difference some sunshine can make!

With all this happy holiday fun I haven't even turned on the laptop in 2 days since my last post, so apologies if I have missed something or not replied to you, I am getting there.

I did squeeze in a teeny bit of sewing on Wednesday evening, making the latest Zakka project. The Delightful Linen Pouch, delightful it certainly is! I love it, this one I am keeping. Although I don't know what I will use it for, I don't have any electronic device that size but it is so sweet I am just keeping it on my table and smiling at it! AND it took me minutes to make, instant gratification!

I used some cool blue linen I picked up in the charity shop, £2 for 2 meters, sweet! A pretty embroidered cotton napkin, also from the charity shop and lined it with some Sevenberry floral. I found the Sevenberry at my local (usually twee) quilt shop, I was so excited I nearly ran to the till with it! I am hoping perhaps they have more hidden treasures :-)





Then I just had time to whizz over my bq3 mini and quilt it and attach the binding, then spent yesterday sewing down the binding in the sunshine.


I have also discovered HOW useful bulldog clips are for sewing down the binding, they don't distort it like usual pins do, but hold it lovely and flat, perfect!


Just the label to write and attach and then I can sit back and wait for the post window, yay!

Off to top up the pool and enjoy it before the weather breaks...happy summer everyone :-)

10 comments:

Annabella said...

Oh phew - you have sun!! I love your makes and your mini is gorgeous - the colours, the design...well everything! Now get back to that paddling pool!

Sarah said...

Love your BQS mini :-)

Katy Cameron said...

Everyone? Huh, not so much north of the border...

Still, love what you've whipped up while you've been roasting!

Celtic Thistle said...

Cute pouch and great bargains too!

Isisjem said...

Love your mini quilt and isn't that zakka pouch sweet!

Cherie said...

The pouch is so cute, it's amazing what you can find in charity shops.

Loving the mini! the colours are so fun, great tip using bulldog clips...now to fish all mine out from hiding ;D

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Ooh smashing x

Cindy said...

Your BQS is just lovely! I can't wait to see where it lands!

Di said...

Both your zakka pouch and mini quilt are lovely. Di x

Susan said...

Your Zakka pouch is so sweet! And to think you found the linen in a charity shop!