Saturday 7 April 2012

Quick little gifts....

do you need a last minute Easter gift? Shops shut? Well I certinaly did!

Thank goodness I found this video tutorial and the postman arrived today with these, a lovely limited edition Easter bundle from M is for Make. 10% off and free shipping on the bundle until Tuesday!


So armed with instructions and some cute fabric I whizzed up these




Lovely little baskets ready to fill with home-made cookies, eggs or whatever you can find in cupboard!

I love how they are round but only have a few straight seams. I didn't use the sizes given in the video, I just worked with what I had (I brought the fat 1/16th bundle so made 9" squares). I also played around with the distance I set the corner seams in to alter the height of the basket.

I like them so much I went off and ordered another fat 1/16th bundle from M is for Make as soon as I was done so I can make some for myself too!

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm off for some well deserved down time at the inlaws in the wilds of Exmoor for  a few days but I'll be back with some fun quilting how-to's soon. Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to reply to comment wise, with long shifts at work and lots of sewing to be done, not mentioning normal family life things have slipped a little! I hope the Easter bunny bestows lots of lovely choccy goodness on you!

12 comments:

Cherie said...

They look so cute, love them! What a great fabric selection =D

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Superb!

Katy Cameron said...

Very cute, hope they're all filled with eggs for you tomorrow!

mammafairy said...

Really fun baskets. They look simple to make but so effective.
happy Easter.

Kirsten said...

Cute baskets - love the fabrics!

Nicky said...

Cute fabrics to make great treat containers!

Lynz said...

Holy crap, they are gorgeous!!! Thank you for the link (and the heads up about M's special) and enjoy Exmoor!

Canadian Abroad said...

Very cute. Enjoy your time away!

Cindy said...

What a great idea! They're fab for kids when filled with treats.

Indianna said...

I was going to make these for my mum for Christmas...never got around to it...but maybe next year!

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Just a heads up....you might want to check this post.... http://gapquilter.blogspot.com/2012/04/first-quarter-winners.html

Judith, Belfast said...

Love the new look blog Em, and those bowls are uber cute! Hope you had a lovely easter break. Jxo