Tuesday 17 April 2012

A Tick on The List!

I am hoping to get a good start on my 2nd quarter finish-along list, with the fq retreat in June I know time will fly!

First off I wanted to make more of these for Trudi's Siblings Together group quilt:


So here are 3 more! First Tick yeahy! These are already with Mr postie on their way to Trudi.


Then I set about another item on the list, turning this into quilts for Siblings Together.


I got to this, 4" random strips of print


then this, strips with random widths of white solid between them, 2 left to join....


then this happened! Oh dear I seem to have caught this affliction from Susan!


But I did get some amazing post last week whilst I was away. I spent my $25 gift certificate at The Intrepid Thread, my win in the Sew Happy Geek QAL. I am really pleased with my parcel, it was very hard to choose though, Julie has some great fabrics!


My lovely fuglies arrived from Annabella too:


And I had forgotten about these! A while back I ordered a couple of screen-printed FQ's from See Kate Sew, the colours are hard to make out here but there is a Mint and a Cantaloupe. I just have to think of something to make with them now!



I am off to hunt down some suitable pale coloured thread to finish the quilt top with!

11 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Great blocks and I love the stripes quilt! Lovely fabric too, those arrows are cool!

Lynz said...

Your stripey top is fabulous and I am a little bit in love with those arrows...

Canadian Abroad said...

Sorry! I hate when that thread running out thing goes viral!

Annabella said...

Oh that`s going to be a fab quilt! I love the grannies - I may have to make some more this afternoon.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Ahhh the curse of the thread thief!
Looks like a great quilt though xxx

Cindy said...

yum! loving the granny squares. they may be next on my list :)

Sarah Lou said...

What a time to run out! The quilt looks brilliant though, I'm sure a 'sibling' Will love it!

Katy Cameron said...

Cool stripy top! I just grabbed another spool of white thread today just in case lol

Nicky said...

Yummy grannies and love the stripes! I have the granny bug too - no cure apart from sewing them!

Cherie said...

Love your granny blocks! I'm sure to be making some more in the near future =D

Love those fabrics!! =D

Kelly said...

Love your granny blocks and the quilt is going to look fab!