Saturday 20 October 2012

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Firstly apologies to Hadley, Katy and anyone else offended by the untimely arrival of this festive laden post!

But today I hosted/taught my first workshop at home in my small studio. 3 lovely ladies joined me to make a quilted advent calender. We laughed, sewed, ate home made cake, drank tea and talked and talked and talked!

I am quite exhausted but very contented after a blissful afternoon. It has confirmed what I already suspected, I love sewing and sharing my knowledge. Apparently it was quite obvious I have a passion for sewing, my ladies told me as much! I was so caught up in demonstrating, helping and explaining that I clean forgot to take any photos!

So you will have to make do with snaps of a couple of Christmas mini quilts I made this week to decorate the workshop and get it looking all festive to inspire the ladies.

Mini quilt inspired by this one here

I used the little scraps of Cherry Christmas sent to me by Kelly to make some little 1" hexies. I love this line so much and I know I need a charm pack just as soon as I can afford one. So pleased too to finally have some use for the cute little hanger I brought last year at my lqs. A bargain £1.50 I have been dying to use it ever since! I tried out a new stof linen that I brought a fq of this week, it is only £6.99 a meter at my lqs, another bargain!


As soon as I saw this mini quilt on pinterest I just had to make my own little one, it is adorable!

They are both at home in the studio, this is AFTER I de-cluttered ready for the workshop!


The girls are much better following their tummy bug and all should be back to normal next week, fingers crossed! My week was made a lot cheerier by the news that I had won a cute bundle of Christmas Fabric, from Jesse at Messy Jesse. Very timely too with all the projects I have been working on!


They are lovely, thanks Jesse! Expect more Christmas makes soon (Just waning ya!)

Jesse has just launched a fab new online shop, Sew and Quilt. 


She is selling lots of wonderful vintage fabrics, along with a lovely range of 1930's reproduction prints which can be hard to come by, along with favourites such as Sew Mama Sew, Liberty Bloomsbury Garden prints and lovely Scandinavian themed Christmas prints. I know that I will be adding to my Christmas bundle soon!

I'll be back in a day or two with a new project (as long as I get it finished tonight and I'm not too distracted by the gogglebox) and I promise it wont be a Christmas one!



13 comments:

Charlotte said...

very cute, but I am going to stick my fingers in my ears and go lalalalalalalalalalalalala

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Talk Christmas all you like - I have been sewing Cherry Christmas hexies for the last fortnight and loving it - I just need to block it out until after the kids and hubby have birthdays in mid-November, then it's panic stations!

Canadian Abroad said...

I love, love, love your minis and may copy them, if you don't mind.

Catherine said...

Well done on your teaching afternoon, sounds like it was a blast. Love your minis

Cherie said...

Congratulations on the teaching a class! Such cute mini's! Must go have a peek at the shop....=D

Celtic Thistle said...

Sounds like everyone had a great afternoon, well done. Your mini's are both lovely.

Annabella said...

The minis are gorgeous and your afternoon sounds blissful. I made something Christmassy today so I don't mind at all - keep it coming!

Kelly said...

Love those mini's and it acceptable for Christmas sewing in October ;-)

Cindy said...

I am so happy for you! An awesome workshop with fab chatty ladies (and tea!). What more could you ask for? So glad it was a hit!

Kim said...

I made a pixie a couple of weeks ago - she could be an all year pixie, were it not for her Christmas fabric dress. Bring it on!!

Katy Cameron said...

What Charlotte said...

Jessie Fincham said...

Yayy thanks Emily! So glad you like them :) and I know you will make something lovely with them!!
Jessie, xo

Nicky said...

I'm in denial but these cuties may just tempt me into Christmas mode!

Well done on the teaching - I am sure you are going to be excellent - you have so many great ideas!